Experience received from a quest as a reward is multiplied by your xp rate
1. Head to Seers' Village and into the house immediately south-west of the bank, indicated by the quest start icon.
2. Search the bookcase on the east wall to receive a book titled The Elemental Shield:
3. Open it and read or page through it, then use the knife on the book to extract the key we need:
4. Enter the north building with the anvil icon, and use the key on the odd-looking wall with the strange crack. Climb down the stairs you find there to enter a workshop.
Map of the Elemental Workshop
5. Head into the western cavern and attempt to mine an elemental rock (map spot 1).
The rock springs to life, yells, and attacks you.
Kill the earth elemental, then pick up the elemental ore that it drops.
6. Back to center and run to north room, we need to get the water wheel on.
7. Turn on water controls on both sides of the wheel, Then pull the lever near the water wheel to start it: (map spots 2, 3, 4)
(to make it work start from the right side)
8. Get back to center. If you do not bring the leather with you, you can take it from the crate now: (map spot 5)
(marked in the yellow square below)
9. Run to second room, to the east. You will see the Bellow, we need to fix it, (map spot 6) and turn it on (map spot 7):
10. Back to center again, and search the next crate to find a stone bowl (map spot 8):
11. After you get the stone bowl, run south to the final room, and use the bowl on lava trough (map spot 9) then use bowl with hot lava on furnace (map spot 10).
12. Proceed to use the elemental ore, along with four coal, on the furnace to obtain an elemental metal.