Start for both the same.
1. Talk to Reldo, located in Varrock's library, in Varrock Palace.
2.After a talk you have to now check the bookcase with a blue and white book in the top shelf.
3. Read the book, then talk to Reldo again, After the conversation, head to the varrock center, then
4. Now you choose which one of you chooses which gang.
1. If you chose Phoenix Gang, Talk to Baraek, at varrock center (next to fur stand).
(You will have to pay him 20 gp for the information)
2. Head to the Phoenix Gang hangout:
3. Talk to Straven. Straven will ask you to kill Jonny the beard (level-2).
4. Head to Varrock's Blue Moon Inn, kill the Jonny the beard and pick up the “Intel Report”.
5. Back to Starven and give him a report. Now you are member of the Phoenix gang. He will also give you a weapon store key that your partner will need.
6. Go through the door to enter the phoenix guild and then go to the last room where the chest will be. Open and search it to receive half of the shield.
7. Now run to Varrock museum near Varrock east bank, and talk to the Haig Halen. He will exchange half of the shield for you for two certificates, one of them is for you, the other you give to your friend:
1. Talk to Charlie the Tramp located near the south entrance of Varrock. Ask him what's down the alley, and he'll tell you that it's the Black Arm Gang's hideout. Take the Weapon store key from your partner and go to Katrine and talk to her.
2. Correct line of dialogue:
3. Katrine wants you to steal from the Phoenix Gang crossbows, so we visit the place where they are located:
4. After enter the room, climb up the ladder:
5. Kill the Weaponsmaster:
6. Pick up two Phoenix crossbows and come back to Katrine, and give it to her:
7. Now you are member of the Black Arm gang. Now open the door which is next to Katrina, and head upstairs:
8. Open Cupboard behind the other side of the stairs, and get the half of arrav shield:
9. Now run to Varrock museum near Varrock east bank, and talk to the Haig Halen. He will exchange half of the shield for you for two certificates, one of them is for you, the other you give to your friend:
0. Optional: Read and think about the answers, and answer them for yourself:
1. If you have not yet handed over the certificates to each other, do it now. Then go together to King Roald who is in Varrock Palace, in the room on the right to complete the quest.